Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I arrived safely

The day started early in Kingston at the airport at 7:30. I got to Toronto on time around 10 or so, and then after I arrived at the departure area that my flight to Tokyo was delayed by almost 3 hours. Luckily I met a nice Japanese couple, and an interesting traveller from Latin America, so the time passed pretty quickly. The flight to Tokyo was long but comfortable. The plane was probably about half full. The seats were grouped by 3s (9 across the plane), and the plane was really really long. I was lucky enough to get a row to myself in the middle section, so I could actually stretch out and sleep on the seats (3 pillows and 3 blankets too--such luxury!) Planes have changed since I last flew to Japan. There are little TVs on the back of the seats and you can choose what movies/tv you want to watch, and pause it when you want to sleep. It's pretty cool. We made up some time on the trip over here, and the lines were short for customs and immigration. The customs officer was most concerned about why I was wearing a jacket and a sweater. I told him that Canada is cold, and he thought that was a good enough answer I guess. I took the shuttle to Terminal 2, and met Tomomi. She's going to take me home with her now.
The adventure begins!

No comments: